Lucid Absinthe Superieure is the first genuine wormwood made up of Absinthe to be legalized in the US since the ban in 1912 most people are wanting to know where to buy Lucid Absinthe.
Lucid was made by distiller Ted Breaux and Viridian Spirits for the US Absinthe market. As opposed to other fake Absinthes, which were developed to be sold in the US, it contains real grande wormwood wheretopurchaseabsinthe.com (Artemisia Absinthium) and other standard Absinthe herbs. More information can be found at drinklucid.com but here are some details of Lucid Absinthe Superieure:-
- It receives its green color from whole herbs rather than unnatural colors.
- It includes wormwood, sweet fennel, green anise and other classic Absinthe herbs.
- It was manufactured by Ted Breaux, a leading Absinthe distiller, who used his familiarity with traditional Absinthe making methods to make this historically precise vintage style Absinthe which satisfies US regulations.
- Lucid includes a full measure of grande wormwood much like pre ban Absinthes. It was a myth that Absinthe contained huge amounts of thujone - tests on vintage bottles showed that they would all pass US laws (10mg/kg or under of thujone).
- Lucid contains 62% alcohol by volume.
- It is distilled in Saumur in France.
- Lucid carries a very exceptional black bottle with green cat's eyes influenced by a Montmartre cabaret show "Le Chat Noir" from 1881.
Where to buy Lucid Absinthe
Based on the Lucid website it could be bought across the United States this means you should be able to purchase it from your local liquor store. You could look on the drinklucid website for stockists of Lucid by state, online stockists like Shoppers Vineyard and Crown Wine and Spirits, and then for bars and restaurants that serve Lucid. The web site also offers a web shop where one can order Lucid apparel.
Lucid is not the only Absinthe to have been legalized in the United States - a brand called Green Moon and Absinthes from Kubler have also been legalized.
Yet another excellent means of enjoying Absinthe in the USA is to order Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com who offer free worldwide shipping. There's a handling fee for the very first item but handling and shipping is free of charge for extra products ordered.
The essences from AbsintheKit.com are made from an alcohol base that is distilled with top-quality herbs like wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The essences are very economical, only $3.95 ($4.95 for the Strong 55) per 20ml essence which makes a 750ml bottle of Absinthe. Kits containing 280ml of essence, a measure and bottle labels are available costing $29 ($39 for Strong 55). These kits make 14 bottles of Absinthe so they are a fantastic buy. Merely mix 20ml of essence with 730ml of Everclear or vodka now you've got your own real Green Fairy, as Absinthe is known.
Essences are a fantastic option to searching for where to buy Lucid Absinthe and are also fun to utilize too.